Charlie Brown was spot-on when he once said, “Happiness is a warm puppy.”
There’s nothing better when a soft ball of fluff with bright eyes and a quizzical disposition enters your life. Puppies – and dogs in general – are Heaven’s gift to humans. It’s a fact!
When God sends puppies down from Heaven, it’s rumored that he gave them these Ten Puppy Commandments:
“Ten Puppy Commandments”
- Keep your human family happy all the time
- Always be cute – even if you may be in trouble
- Do not leave too many muddy footprints or hair everywhere, and no piddling!
- Keep the love constantly flowing in and around the house
- Learn to be a good girl or good boy – this means do not chew your human’s shoes
- Ask for treats (especially peanut butter) politely
- When your family sleeps, you sleep…then sleep some more
- Have lots of fun – even if it’s tiring
- Don’t snore too loudly – you may wake your humans
- Refer back to Commandment #1
If you have other “commandments,” please feel free to share. Let’s all hope we can continue to spread Puppy Love everywhere we can. We all need it now.